Tuesday 22 May 2007

The dinosaur.

This silver birch makes a great seat,and the children called it their dinosaur and used to squeeze on together to ride it.
This birch which is usually the gracious lady of the forest as struggled to gain sustinance and is
amazingly growing out of the rock face, the safest place from sheep i suppose..
Birch is a good tree, and as always been used for cleansing and driving out evil, it is a nourishing, energizing protecting tree and as above as great afinity with the young.............and if you ask nicely it lets you make wine from its sap..

7 comments:

Bluestocking Mum said...

Ooohh Bodran. I am going to LOVE reading these blogs. I LOVE trees and just caught up on the 3 tree blogs.

I will blog for you about our oak tree sometime-you should see the faces and knarls of a 750 year old oak!! It is magnificant and thought to be one of the oldest oaks in Shropshire.

We have a very small Betula Pendula in our garden-I don't suppose I will be here to see it make the proportions of your 'dinosaur' silver birch.

Lovely blog.

warm wishesxx

Inthemud said...

I too love trees, what a wonderful idea to photograph trees,

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh a kindred lover of trees - think you will find other like minded souls here . . . .like me and country craft angel.

Un Peu Loufoque said...

I love trees, we have lots of strange hollow oaks here which are thriving despite having no middle to them at all!!Very Breton trees surviivng againgst the odds!

Chris Stovell said...

What a lovely idea for a blog - I don't know nearly enough about trees so I shall really enjoy reading these. Thank you.

muddyboots said...

l love trees, they're in my blood os to speak, with my ancestry coming from the Forest of Dean.

Frances said...

Jo, these trees, and what you write about them, have just caught me up.
The word awesome has lost some meaning in the recent years, but I do think that the trees that you have shown us are indeed awesome. Please do continue to share as many of them as you would like.
xo