Tuesday 22 May 2007

The oak and ivy..


This tree is not on Bodran, Or on one of my regular walk's but i passed it once and I didnt loiter just took the photo and scarpered.

It is an old oak ,, crowned with ivy, and quite stunning in an uncomfortable way.. The oak is or has died in torment strangled by the ivy and if you enlarge this photo you will see images of what i think of as a tormented soul, Why would a tree use human features??? in my mind it is so we will recognise the pain and help it, well nobody as noticed until me and if colin will come with me i will remove the ivy and let the tree breath, i can't go on my own ,isn't that silly!! me who'll sleep alone in forests won't go alone to this tree in broad daylight ...

1 comment:

Exmoorjane said...

No, you're right not to go alone. Some trees have uneasy spirits... not sure even freeing it from ivy would help. But could be worth trying. jxxx