Friday 29 June 2007

The country craft angels oak..


And what a tree it is. . Nestled close to her home watching over like a benevolent spirit this splendid 850yr old gent is famous all over the world ,and rightfully as a preservation order protecting him.
The oak is a doorway to inner spirituality, it will lead the way to the truth, especially about past layers of action, and this revelation brings strenght and vision and a gateway to new understanding. Oak restores the will and self determination that may have become weakened in times of stress, and restores faith in the vision of what you are working towards..
Sometimes there is a need to rest beneath an oak when possible , and use the accumalated wisdom and strength gained to restore equilibrium.......
You'll find another photo at the bottom of the page, this tree is so big i could not do it justice.

10 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Gosh I had forgotten how big English oaks can be Breton ones are hollow stumpyt hings !! How superb!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a tree! Spectacular!

Anonymous said...

that's beautiful. I planted an oak tree in memory of my dad nearly six years ago. I think it will be a while before it looks anything like that!

Crystal x

Bluestocking Mum said...

Gosh, that looks wonderful. Pity I don't look quite so good!! Did a close up and half scared myself to death-looks like I am doing a Frank Spencer impression and desperately needing the loo!!!

Lovely words Bodran. You capture so much of what I feel about the Oak. Not sure whether your words are fact or your own romantic 'take' of the Oak. But they make me feel safe and peaceful.

It really was such a pleasure to meet with you yesterday. And I do hope we do it again soon. By then I may have restored my equilibrium and take a slightly less awkward photo!!

Kind regards
Dx

Suffolkmum said...

That is one hell of an oak! Beautiful.

Faith said...

Gorgeous old tree - I hope you touched it on behalf of all of us. I expect you know but there is a website to register old fat and gnarled trees - www.ancientrtreehunt.org.uk

see story in today's Daily Mail 29/6/07 or online at telegraph.co.uk

bodran... said...

i've just done a close up of the photo too, it is so funny lol.but be assured you look nothing like that really..xx..some are my words some are from the tree ogham which is on my website.x

Woozle1967 said...

Wonderful picture - another memory of a wonderful day.x

snailbeachshepherdess said...

What a tree....gawd help us if he starts dancing!

Frances said...

Hello Jo,

That is some amazingly beautiful, powerful tree.

How many acorns has it produced in its hundreds of years? How many leaves, how much shade, shelter? How many people and other animals have passed by it, gazed upon it, admired it, even possibly taken it for granted.

And still it survives in superb majesty.

Wow.

xo