Sunday 17 June 2007

ELDER.

The elder is a tree of regeneration, growing easily from all parts..The tree has a wise old woman energy.The elder provides the wisdom to deal with changes and help you to see them as transformation and renewel..i have always found the elder to be a very approachable tree, used to a long history of humankind useing all it's gifts of bark, leaves and flowers and fruit for medicines.....The wood is yellow and as a soft pith running through the centre this can be cleaned out and beads made out of the smoothed wood..

2 comments:

Frances said...

A Sunday evening hello to you, Jo.

As an aging woman, I think that I like the attributes of the elder!

Another photo that simply takes me way away from my urban status quo.
Thank you for the flight.

So much going on now to people around me, whose life challenges do affect my life. However, I admit that I am tiring of being on the receiving end of these dramas.

Might write a blog, but need to sleep first, write later.

My neighborhood shop still doesn't have the camera that I want. Perhaps I can take care of that desired purchase tomorrow as well.

Stay out doors as much as you can, and while out there please think of us who have allowed ourselved to be kept indoors.

xo

Suffolkmum said...

I love Elder. I was so pleased when I started planting my herb garden - I read that in the olden days herbs would always be planted under the protection of an elder, and I had without realising it planned ours right under an elder.